About RAIL SWS
WHAT WE OFFER
- L2.1 & L2.2 Flagman
- L3.1, L3.2 & L3.3 Supervisors
- L5 Competent Employees
- TVO Operators
- P.T.W. (Permit to Work Near)
- Constant supply of Point clips, Limit Boards, Stop Boards
- Drug and Alcohol Assessors
- Infield evidence, assisting to book your safe working courses
- Assistance with RIW card application and processes
- On Track Protection Plans & Approvals
WE'RE HERE TO TALK
WHAT WE DO?
We listen to your needs and budget constraints and design the best possible plan. We prefer to work closely with the relevant Manager of Rail Safety or regulating authority and provide the best value for the project.
We intend to achieve this by:
- Understanding and meeting our Clients needs & exceeding their expectations where possible.
- Being a responsive, action oriented and dynamic organisation in all unforeseen circumstances.
- By ensuring our Personnel are provided with up-to date competencies and training programs in order to deliver Industry best practice results.
- Being the employer of choice for our people by providing an environment of industrial stability and personal growth.
- Operating a safe and efficient organization focused on continual improvement whilst operating an ethical and financially stable organization.
ISO Standards Applications
RAIL SWS ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Ever wonder who keeps all those rail construction workers safe with all the new railway improvements and level crossing removals going on?
Safeworking Solutions is a key provider of these rail safety services and have already taken on five ex-Ford workers, with another five also on the way.
When asked, “Why take on ex-Ford workers,” Jamie Talbot from Rail SWS stated, “Well their previous commitment and long history with a quality company like Ford was a good start. Then when we interviewed them we got a picture of their demonstrated team-work and commitment which is ideal for our work environment. They also provide a fresh approach to our industry.”
Jamie also pointed out there is some specialised safety training involved in getting qualified for the work. “Clearly the training funding from ASA and the further support from the Job Actives with these costs and the PPE (personal protective equipment) has also been a big help for a lot of the guys to transition into this field.”
Jamie reports the employees already onsite have settled in well, learning and also going through additional training soon. They are eager to learn and are performing well on site and setting a fantastic example, with one promotion into a new role within a few months of employment! Feedback from other Rail SWS workers has been most positive. “They are reliable, punctual and committed workers – just like the classic ford cars!”
The ex-Ford guys themselves have said they loved being challenged and learning new roles. They are also getting used to the casual mode of work, but are enjoying the excellent pay rates at the same time! With so many new projects in rail about to kick off, these guys will be in an excellent position to reap the rewards of the investment in time and training they have put in.
Another great example of a quality company recognising the strong transferable skills across safety, work ethic and reliability of the ex-Ford workers. Many thanks to Jamie and Jim Talbot and the team at Safe Working Solutions!
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER (CEO)
Masters of Business Administration (MBA), 1997
Masters of Counselling, 2016-17
Grad Dip., Psychology , 2014-15
Activities & Affiliations
- Psychology Association, Member
- Qualified Locomotive Driver
- Qualified BLOCKO – Specialist Safeworker
- Level 5 Competent Rail Operations